Do you value radical adornment as a form as creative personal expression and enjoy styling yourself and others? Are you into working with people, clothes, crystals, jewelry and apothecary on the daily? Excited by work perks like first dibs on vintage treasures, becoming a master expert at selfies, and playing dress up all day?! Consider joining the Charm School dream team! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter detailing why you want to work here and why you’re a great fit, and include links to your social media.
S E E K I N G S O M E O N E:
- Part-time, 2 shifts a week.
A P P L I C A N T S M U S T H A V E :
- Previous experience in a comparable retail environment, and a fluency in vintage fashion (identifying decades, fabrics, silhouettes, garment construction). Knowledge of crystals and herbalism is a big plus, but not required.
- Strong social media skills, especially Instagram, and enjoy creating content for the feed and stories, as well as interacting with customers via comments and DMs
- Strong work ethic, time management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Commitment to personal growth, self-knowledge, and building strong, supportive, loving interpersonal relationships with co-workers and customers. This is a mentorship, where both parties are invested in the other's empowerment, development, and flourishing.
- Schedule flexibility and ability to cover shifts a huge plus.
- All genders, races, and sexualities welcome
O F F E R I N G :
- Training pay starts at $12//hr, and increases to $13.50//hr after you complete a trial period.
Employees receive evaluations on job performance and goal setting every 3 months, and evaluations with a pay increase every six months. Satisfactory evaluations receive a $.50/hr pay increase every 6 months, but with excellent evaluations, taking on additional responsibility, and bringing extra gifts beyond the basic shop duties, pay will increase accordingly as we mutually craft your role at the shop and in this community.
- Consignment opportunity, 50/50 split
- Bonus system where employees receive store credit when we achieve our monthly sales goal
- 50% discount on store merchandise
- Accommodating schedule for time off requests
- Free admittance to classes and workshops
- A fun, creative, supportive, and challenging work environment in fashion
- Mentorship, insight to learn how running a small business works, opportunity to wear lots of “hats"